Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 1

This was Week 1 of Marathon training for me!  I have an 18 week training program that I plan on following religiously from Hal Higdon's website. This will be my very first full marathon. I have done 3 half marathons and feel it is time to try the big one.
I can't tell you how ready I am for spring temperatures, road conditions and early morning daylight. Saturday was a nice day and it is a good reminder that spring is around the corner.
Every week I have a long run that progressively gets longer. My very first long run was 6 miles long. My day for that is Friday. This Friday I had a busy day planned and so I ran it at 5 am at the Orem Recreation Center. By the end of that 36 laps I was developing OCD and becoming somewhat delusional. I am someone who hates to run on tracks and can't run on treadmills, but I love running outside.
Week one down, 17 to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment